Review - 'Phantom' by Jo Nesbø


Phantom is my third exposure to Harry Hole (after The Snowman and The Leopard), and it continues to impress. This time, the crime hits close to home because someone Harry cares about is being accused of murder, and Harry is their last chance at freedom.

Harry is as flawed a detective as ever, trying to stay sober and escape the ghosts of his past, while being as sharp and clever as he's ever been. There are so many twists and turns in this book, and it's fun to follow Harry as he comes to his conclusions and susses out the truth. It's also entertaining to follow Harry as he sustains one injury after another, which would slow down a normal person, but not someone as badass as him.

I was a little taken aback by the ending, which didn't wrap everything up as usual, but left a few strings dangling. I assume the next book will pick up right where this one left off. I prefer my crime fiction to be self contained because my long-term memory for book details isn't great. But I suppose this just means I'll have to pick up the next book in this series sooner rather than later.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.