Review - 'The Bullet That Missed' by Richard Osman


There will be no cavalry to save her this time. She has got herself into this mess, and she will have to get herself out of it.
I've forgotten how much I enjoy this series. Cracking open that first page felt like saying hello to an old friend, albeit one that is quirky, funny, and definitely murderous.

In this installment, our four pensioners are at it again, trying to solve a decade-old murder that never quite made sense. For one, where is the body? And since the victim was chasing down a money-laundering scheme right before her death, what happened to all of that money? It certainly takes a special group of friends to see things that the police missed on the first go-around.

Sometimes with cozy mysteries, they can feel a bit dull and lacking in excitement with everything happening slowly and clues unearthed at a snail's pace. But not here. I can honestly say that it was packed with action from the first page to the last. Every chapter was a new revelation and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

I feel like this series just keeps getting better and better. The mystery was a little weak in the first book, but it has improved so much over book 2 and this one. And through it all, it has retained its wonderful characters and that tongue-in-cheek British humor I love so much, with its quirkiness and gentle poking fun at the absurdity of life and growing old.

What a delightful series! It's one of my favorites, and I can't wait for more.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

My heartfelt thanks for the copy that was provided for my honest and unbiased review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.