Review - 'The Snowman' by Jo Nesbø


The Snowman is my first foray into Scandinavian crime fiction. The backdrop is gloomy and dark, and the story itself is intense, creepy, and gruesome. Harry is an appropriately flawed detective, battling substance abuse and demons of the past as he tries to solve the mystery and catch the serial killer. It's satisfyingly twisty, with Harry following multiple false leads until he finally arrives at the answers he seeks.

This is my first time reading the Harry Hole series, and I had no trouble jumping straight into the 7th book without having read the previous ones. While there were a few unfamiliar names of the supporting characters at the beginning, it didn't take me long to get the hang of all of them. If I had read the previous books, I probably would know more of the back stories, but reading out of order doesn't seem to have taken away any of my enjoyment of this book.

I'm looking forward to reading more from this series!

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.