Review - 'China Rich Girlfriend' by Kevin Kwan


In China Rich Girlfriend, most of the fun and wacky characters from the first book Crazy Rich Asians are back, along with a host of new ones. This time, Rachel is about to wed Nick and wants to track down her biological father. Craziness ensues, of course, with plenty of shocking snobbery and showing off thrown in.

I wouldn't say this book is fine literature or anything, but it's so darn entertaining. I had a hard time putting it down and got through it in no time. Parts of this book took place in Shanghai, and it was fun reading about all the delicious food and places to visit, some of which I've eaten or been to. My favorite character from the first book was Astrid, and she's still going strong in this book.

There's a third book in the series. and let's be honest... I'm definitely going to pick it up. This series has been such a hoot. I can't remember reading anything else quite this outrageous and campy, and I'll be sad when I'm all done with the series

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.