Review - 'The Kind Worth Killing' by Peter Swanson


Well, that was an unexpected dose of nasty and fun, wasn't it?

Ted meets a mysterious woman at the airport and, thinking he would never see her again, spills all his secrets to her right then and there. He confides that his wife Miranda is cheating on him, and that he secretly wishes he could kill both her and her lover to teach them a lesson. Once Ted and the woman arrive at their destination, they part ways, but that turns out to be only the beginning.

This book, with its twists and turns everywhere, was thoroughly entertaining from beginning to end. Just as I was getting comfortable with a current story line, I would be hit with a surprise that completely knocked me over and had me recalculating my understanding of what was going on. And this happened so many times.

It's also filled with outrageous characters all trying to kill each other and outdo one another with scheming and backstabbing. It's a rare breed of author who can write a book filled with unlikable characters and make the story itself enjoyable, yet Swanson achieves just that.

The only small gripe I have is that the ending seemed rather abrupt to me. It just ended when I expected there to be more explanation and wrap-up, so it felt a bit unsatisfying. Even though the outcome was clearly implied, after all that buildup, I wish the story took a little more time to see everything to its complete conclusion.

Still, this murderous story was highly enjoyable. All throughout, I couldn't stop turning the pages, excited to see what crazy thing was going to happen next. I've been looking forward to reading this for a long time, and I'm so happy it lived up to all the hype.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.