Review - 'The Thirst' by Jo Nesbø


The Thirst is another solidly entertaining installment of the Harry Hole series. This time, a serial killer is targeting women on Tinder, killing them by biting and draining them of their blood. Harry is no longer with the police force, but he recognizes from the murders that a killer from his past is back.

This series has been so consistently compelling, and this book is no different. Each of the five books I've read so far (I started with The Snowman - #7) has been gripping and fast-paced. This time, there are a number of shifty characters. I thought I had it all figured it, but I totally didn't and the end completely surprised me. It was all great fun.

Sometimes I think: poor Harry! This guy just can't catch a break. All he wants to do is to live a normal life being a lecturer at the police academy and hanging out with his wife and kid. But murders keep dragging him back, and he always ends up mentally and physically beaten up. But I guess if he had that peaceful life, then we wouldn't have any more stories to read.

I'm definitely going to continue with this series. I only have one more to read before I run out of the new books, and then I'll have to go back to the beginning and read #1-#6 that I've skipped.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.