Review - 'Love Her or Lose Her' by Tessa Bailey


Love Her or Lose Her is the story of Rosie and Dominic. They were high school sweethearts who were madly in love, but somehow in the ten years they've been married, their connection has faded. Now Rosie realizes that if she ever wants to salvage their love for each other, they must fight hard to rediscover what made them fall in love in the first place.

I've been eagerly anticipating this release ever since I read and adored the first book in the series last year. And boy, does it deliver! Most romances focus on the initial honeymoon phase, when couples meet and fall in love and everything's perfect. Yet everyone can relate to a long relationship slowly losing its vitality as the years pile on and the drudgery of real life takes its toll. That's why I found this story to be particularly appealing.

I adore Tessa Bailey's writing because her couples are always so passionate and fun, and there's so much heart in their love stories. Of course, she delivers her trademark steamy sex scenes, so just be warned, as they can be a bit shocking if you haven't read anything by her before and thought this was an innocent rom-com from the cover.

If I had to settle on a minor quib, it would be that the ending felt drawn out. It seems like the couple had resolved everything, but Dominic was holding back one more thing and there was no reason for it. He could've told the truth much earlier. As a result, my attention waned a bit, and I kept being surprised that I hadn't reached the end yet.

So far I'm two for two with this series, and I can't wait to read more. It looks like the next book will be out in the fall, and I'm already counting down the days.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.