Review - 'The Good Lie' by A.R. Torre


Alessandra Torre, I applaud you ma'am for coming up with this crazy and twisty story.

The Bloody Heart Killer has taken six victims already. When his seventh victim escapes and points the finger at a local teacher as the serial killer, the police are satisfied. But Robert Kavin, the father of a deceased victim, doesn't believe it. So he asks Dr. Gwen Moore, a psychiatrist who specializes in treating killers, to step in and help. But the more she digs, the more questions she has. Because it seems everyone involved is hiding secrets. So what is the real truth?

What a compulsive read this turned out to be! At first, I was slightly confused by the book blurb. There seemed to be a lot of people and things going on, and I was worried it wouldn't grab me. But I didn't need to worry at all because I was hooked from the first page. And once I started, I couldn't put it down.

This is one of those stories that starts out with many threads, but they all slowly converge into a cohesive tale. I particularly enjoyed that this thriller is a little different from others I've read. The plot is unique and fresh, with interesting elements combining in ways I haven't seen before. And of course, the twists in the end felt surprising and thoroughly satisfying.

This is the second book I've read by Torre, and I've found both to be fun and unputdownable. At this point, there is no need to be coy anymore. I'm just going to go ahead and dump the rest of Torre's books onto my TBR stack posthaste.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.