Review - 'Gemina' by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff


Now that I've finished the series and had some time to think it over, I'm going to update my rating of Gemina to 5 stars. It was an amazing and thrilling story that had me turning the pages until I finished it in just two days. It's been a while since a series has worked its way this deeply into my thoughts and my imagination the way this trilogy has, and Gemina is the best of the three books in my opinion.

All the things I loved about the first book are here: the unique format, the fast-pacing, and a crazy, mind-bending story. The action in this story kicks off immediately and is non-stop throughout the book. The illustrations in here are particularly lovely, and it's a joy to see them interspersed within, adding a lot of richness to the story. I found Hanna to be a completely kick-ass heroine, and while this book has a bit of silly teenage love in it, it was kept small enough that it felt less dopey than in the first book.

I had heard so much goodness about this series before I started, and it more than lives up to my expectations. I'm so glad I waited to start the series until all three books are released. It means I could read all three books back-to-back without having to pause or even take a breath in between.

Readaroo Rating: 5 stars!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.