Review - 'My Favorite Half-Night Stand' by Christina Lauren


Overall, I do like My Favorite Half-Night Stand. It was a fun and enjoyable romantic comedy with a great cast of supporting characters, as well as a likable male lead. For me, what kept it from being great instead of just good is that I didn't really connect with Millie. She comes off as both standoffish and needy. She runs away from communication and honesty, even though I do understand that that functions as the main conflict (without which there would be no story). But what really seems cruel and unforgivable is that she catfished Reid, her supposed best friend/lover.

Romances are so personal. What speaks to one person doesn't always speak to another. A lot for me depends on how much I can relate to the main characters, and with this story, Millie was just a little too much of a villain for me to really buy into the Millie/Reid love story. The catfishing aside, I found the rest of the story to be entertaining and the other characters to be lovable. This was my first book by Christina Lauren, and I'll definitely give this duo's other books a try.

Readaroo Rating: 3 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.