Review - 'When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing' by Daniel H. Pink


When is an exploration of how timing effects everything we do and achieve. Some things covered in this book include the afternoon slump, how starting your career during a recession affects your lifetime earnings, and how working together with others in a cohesive environment produces more positive results than working alone.

This book contains some interesting tidbits, but for me, most of it falls under the category of common sense. Therefore, I didn't feel its points were particularly revolutionary or insightful. The book also feels like a collection of separate ideas, tied together under the common umbrella of time, but they didn't really congeal into a whole. Because of that, some of the conclusions feel forced, as if the author had to stretch hard so that they fit into the concept of time.

In the end, this book was a bit of a disappointment for me. It didn't contain enough original or compelling ideas. As a result, I don't feel I got anything new out of this book that I didn't already intuit myself or have read elsewhere.

Readaroo Rating: 3 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.