Review - 'Comfort Me With Apples' by Catherynne M. Valente


Wow, what a fascinating little book this turned out to be!

Sophia was made for him, her husband. He is perfect, her life is perfect, their house is perfect, everything is perfect. Or is it?

For a quick read, this sure kept me guessing at every turn. Just when I thought I'd picked up a clue and have slotted it into my mental picture, something happens that has me reconfiguring everything again. And this kept going until the very end. I was absolutely riveted.

From the moment this book showed up on the scenes, it's been generating so much buzz. It's not often a book has such polarizing reviews, with readers either enthusiastically loving it or passionately hating it. I knew I had to read it for myself to see where I landed.

If you're at all curious and you're in the mood for something unusual, I think this is worth a try. It's a short read (I got through it in less than 2 hours), and I guarantee you'll walk away with something you haven't seen before. Or have you?

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

My heartfelt thanks for the advance copy that was provided for my honest and unbiased review.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw your review on goodreads to Project Hail Mary and thought I'd stop by and say hello! You have a pretty decent blog here. I'm also planning on starting one for book reviews soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for dropping by! So sorry for the delayed response, I totally didn't realize you left a comment. Best of luck on your book blog! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.