Review - 'An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good' by Helene Tursten


You got me. Not only do I judge a book by its cover, but I also judge its title too. So when I saw An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good, I knew there's no way I could pass it up.

Maud is 88 years old and as spry and sharp as she's ever been. With no family or friends, she has to rely on herself to solve any problems that come up. But sometimes problems have a way of being unsolvable, unless you don't mind a little murder. And Maud certainly doesn't.

This book is a hoot and a half. With its tongue in cheek candor and unflinching directness, it portrays Maud going about murder as one would go about one's business. I have to say, this is such a refreshing change from all those serious murder mysteries trying to catch the criminal. I found myself cheering Maud on and hoping she doesn't get caught.

Obviously, this book doesn't take itself too seriously, and the reader shouldn't either. If you're able to suspend disbelief for a little while, this pocket-sized book should bring you a quick dose of joviality and delight. And now there's a second book, so I can't wait to see what else Maud is up to.

Readaroo Rating: 4 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.